Friday, October 24, 2008

Those Sure Are Some Grand Tetons!

I got to take a trip with some friends to the Jackson, WY area. The fall colors were splendid, the nights chilly, the days surprisingly pleasant, the company great, and the wildlife spectacular. Here are some pictures of some of the fun things we saw and did!

The largest periodic spring (around Afton, WY I think)
and largest man-made guyser (Soda Springs, Idaho)


Taking a pizza break in Jackson Hole after a day of hiking


Phelps Lake, part of the Death Canyon trail at Teton National Park


Views of the Teton mountain range in Teton National Park
(the one on the left is from the Death Canyon Trail)
Moose, elk (which we later went tracking, using bull elk calls)
mule deer, a marten or fisher (I'm not really sure which
because they are so similar)

one of a pair of bald eagles. I also saw a marmot (I think) and coyote!
The cabin door and the view from it (in Alpine, ID).



4 comments:

Claudia said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! (Where's the "bear" picture?)

Claudia said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! (Where's the "bear" picture?)

Erin said...

I'm sorry - I forgot. I will add it on Monday

Catherine said...

YOu are always out doing such fun trips and outings... I'm jealous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...