Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Eeeek!

I like dystopian novels.  The conflict, the societal commentary...you've read them too:  The Giver, 1984, Animal Farm, Fahrenheit 451, A Brave New World, The Uglies (series)...the short stories "Harrison Bergeron", "The Lottery"...And the movies are good if not slightly -REALLY - creepy:  The Island, Gattica, Minority Report, The Village, Planet of the Apes, Wall-E.  This is a really popular genre.

Here's my concern...am I reading too many dystopian novels?  They tend to be really heavy stories.  You start getting even more critical of society then you already are after reading these.  They are really heavy and mostly depressing and... I watched this and got chills (in the creepy way) as this video starts wrapping up.  Am I a paranoid dystopian junkie????  

(Click the links to find out what dystopias are and to watch the video)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I agree but you know that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...