Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rejoining the world if but for a moment...

So, I've been cut off. You see, I am one of those unfortunately spoiled Americans who is so deprived as to not have internet access at home. And the only internet access I do have - at work - systematically blocks just about ever site I would like to spend any amount of time on. This includes blogger which I can still check but not update, log into or comment on.  So here I am on my sisters computer - when I should be spending time fully engrossed in the movie we rented - and I am catching up on a month (minus pictures). Here is the abridged version.

I spent the Christmas holiday in Wisconsin with my parents. It was delightful. The day I landed in Green Bay the high was -6. The day before I left it was about 50 degrees and raining. And in between it snowed every day, except for the day it rained. I spent a lot of time with my parents and had a good time though I was lonely to not have my sisters and their babies home with me.

I returned in time for New Years and had fun - played with friends, slept in, read a few good books, played some more.

School as since started up again for a week and a half. My current obsession is the trip to Paris, Madrid and Barcelona I am going on at the end of May. I wake up and think about it. I Google related articles and information whenever I have the chance and then reread those articles over and over again. I went shopping in Las Vegas last weekend with my friends and guess what I bought...things for the trip that I won't be going on for 4 1/2 months. I've already started buying travel sized toiletries and laundry items.

And there you have it...not quite a travel log, not quite a journal, not quite interesting. But I log to blog to my hearts content yet cannot. May the winter pass quickly for us all!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh, I am so happy to see a quick update, even though I know everything that you wrote about already. I miss you and your blog updates!

Adamo said...

The Man keeping you down? My advice is to stick it to him.

Brianne said...

that trip sounds amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...