Saturday, February 20, 2010

Curling Up on a Snowy Morning

In my readiness for spring, tempted especially by the pre-spring 40's and 50's we've been experiencing in southern Utah, I was humbled by both the weather forecasts and this morning's fresh layer of snow. I am restless for a new niece, long awaited news, skirts and sandals weather, planned and tentative trips, change, the spring poetry unit, and seeing the fruits of fall bulb planting. But, as usually, my lessons in patience must be reinforced and tested. So while I still linger in my pj's, sitting by the window avoiding the cold, I am posting these (hopefully) last remnants of winter - back from my Christmas in Wisconsin - with the hopes that if I acknowledge it's presence and, dare I say it, majesty, that winter will concede to spring.












3 comments:

Tasha said...

BEAUTIFUL - author, words and pictures (in that order)

Meg said...

Beautiful! I love these shots. I love the one with the stairs and the one with the little red berries hanging on the snowy branch ones the best. They are all stunning. Really.

Claudia said...

Love all of these...feeling a little homesick. I especially like the one with the cardinal. I have been really missing cardinals lateley. I wish they had them here. I also love the train tracks, and the one with the grasses/cattails.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...