Friday, February 25, 2011

Round Robin Photo Challenge: Door Number Three

The Challenge:  "Pick three doors to photograph, and show us all three in your entry. They can be three doors from the same locale or sharing some characteristic, or they can just be totally unrelated doors you happen to like. To make things extra interesting, you may want to explain what is special about these particular doors."

**Well, it just so happens that I love to take pictures of doors.  Whittling it down to three pictures was a challenge indeed!  Perhaps a wall calendar or a decorative photo collage for my bedroom is in order...***
A locked door to nowhere, along the town wall in Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber, Germany from my November trip.  Since it was the off-season, I had the wall entirely to myself, so I could take as much time as I wanted with the details of this enchanting Medieval city.
Marktkirche in  Wiesbaden, Germany.  Unfortunately it was a Monday, the day of rest for this beautiful place of worship.  But if you thing the door is beautiful, you should hear the bells ring at noon!
The door to my classroom pre, during and still today, post Super Bowl :)   I am a Green Bay native, so the Super Bowl was not just about a sports team to me - it was about my home town!  I get teased most of the year about my team affiliation, so this was my way to not only show my support, but do a little passive-aggressive smack talking back to all the fools who doubted the power, heart, and ability of the Green Bay Packers.


Don't forget to check out the Round Robin Photo Challenge blog to see what other people have done!

5 comments:

Jama said...

I love the second shot best, such beautiful door/doorway. The whole building building must be wonderful too.

MyMaracas said...

Your fan door made me smile. The church entry is gorgeous, and I love that ancient handle.

Ingrid said...

These are quiet original doors

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Three very different doors! The first door has a lot of character, the second a lot of beauty, the third a lot of heart!

Monica said...

Well, I was pretty much going to say what Karen said! I have to agree 100% with her. All three are great for this challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...