It's hard to believe Thanksgiving was two weeks ago now and that December is here. When the weather, which has still been in the 50's and 60's here in southern Utah, stays unseasonably warm, my sense of time and the seasons becomes warped, as it does for many others I'm sure. But it is officially the Holiday Season, the best time of year, and I started mine with a pie-bake.
My sister's in-laws invited me to celebrate with them, and the Wednesday night before turkey day is an evening of crust, lard, flour, sugar, fruit and crimping. Grandma Clark promised to teach Beth's kids how to make homemade pie crust, so the kids got their hands dirty right along with the rest of us.
 |
| Beth sure loves her cherry pie! |
 |
| Rori mastered the art of the crimp. |
 |
| You can never have too much flour! |
 |
| Mikey's turn to help with the apple pie. |
 |
| Grandpa Mike getting the apple filling ready. |
 |
| Checking to see how the pears are coming along. |
 |
| Leftover crust makes a delicious cinnamon & sugar treat. |
 |
| Sarah discovered the sugar bowl. And it was good. |
We had a cherry, apple, raspberry-pear, and a pumpkin pie. The Thanksgiving feast itself was abundant. The company was hospitable and generous. There is much to be thankful for. I hope yours was full of gratitude and joy too.
WELCOME TO THE HOLIDAYS!!!
1 comment:
Oh, how I love those children! Thank you for sharing these pictures! I wish I could've been there for the pie crust lesson, but I am so glad the kids got in on the action - I love the pictures with them and their grandma. So cute. I miss you guys all so much!
Post a Comment