You would have to know me pretty well to understand the depth of my love affair with the band Nickel Creek. I even bought a mandolin and have tried - quite unsuccessfully - to teach myself to play in the hopes that one day, when I have 5 minutes alone with Chris Thile, I can impress him with how much of a psycho stalker I am...wait, that came out wrong. Not only is this one of the most talented group of musicians I have ever seen (I smiled the whole time at the concert, by the way), but they are talented even while being silly! I love it. I love them. Unfortunately, they are breaking up to pursue other projects. But they will forever be my favorite band, and I their #1 fan!
5 comments:
You know, I haven't heard them in a long time, but I love them too! I am going to have to start listening to them again.
OH MY!!! THAT IS AWWWWEESSSOOOMMME! At first I was like 'that sounds familiar but I just can't think of what Nickel Creek song that is..." And then it hits me. . .TOXIC. Beautifully done. Tear jerking. I was taken back to a better time. A more musical time. A more Blithe time. Our own, humble tribute to Brit using the same song as music greats. Wonderful. You made my week. For Music Monday I may just have to reference your blog!
The first time I opened this post, I didn't see what you had written. It was only the vids that came up. I just want to state here, for the record, that you WERE successful and ARE now. Sheesh! What was Blithe to you? A lemonade stand? Come on! Without you, we had no reason to call ourselves 'folk', which is what I told people we were. You were our lifeline to the bluegrass festival and don't even roll your eyes! I can tell you are. Stop that self-defeatist attitude right now! (insert music that comes at the end of every sit com but especially ones like Full House where there is always a 'message', you know the high violin strings, except here, let it be the light trem. of the mandolin) You are awesome! And gosh darnit, people like you! Plus, I love telling people I was in a band with a mandolin. It sounds cool. Don't take away the one cool thing I have! Love you.
Fun concert. Glad you got to go. I hope you are enjoying yourself with Adam and Claudia. So glad you got to be with them.
Awesome! I especially loved the last clip you put up. I watched it 3 times.
Post a Comment