
I decided it was about time I updated this thing so that frightning holloween image that stares back at me when I pull up my blog wasn't haunting me anymore. Lots of little things have been going on along the way but I haven't said much about them, so permit me to hodgepodge my way through this update. First, Cedar City has participated in a National Endowment for the Arts program called The Big Read for the last two years. Basically, the community agrees on a book to study and there are community activities to participat in based on the plot or themes in the book. Just about every book on the NEA's list are books taught at Cedar High (we're soooo cool). One thing the community did this year to promote reading was to make "Read" posters - usually highlighting celebreties with their favorite books - showcasing community member and students with their favorite picks. Your's truly graces one of these posters, now hanging in the Cedar City Library.

Homecoming was a month ago, but it was a blast. Cedar High is steeped in tradition, one of which is to decorate every inch of the main level. I helped/chaperoned again this year (now one of my traditions).
Last weekend Beth, Mike, Mikie and I went to San Diego to visit with Mark and Mike's brother Clayton and his wife Hailey. It was fun to visit with Mark again before he leaves for San Antonio, TX for additional training with the Navy.

Mikie is growing up so much, and he loves playing with his Uncle Mark and Uncle Clayton.
2 comments:
I love the homecoming decorations! It looks amazing. I wish my high school did that. I love that you got on a poster. Very cool. I wish I could see a better pic of it. (hint hint).
I am jealous of your road trip to San Diego. It looks like you had so much fun. Did the little guy do well in the car? He is a cutie.
Love you!
Fianlly--a picture of the poster! Very cool! And I love the pic of you and Mikey. So cute.
Post a Comment