Monday, June 9, 2008

Moab Adventure - Day 3

Our final day in Moab included some more hiking and repelling - not by me, of course...I don't have a fear of heights, per-se. More like a fear of falling off of heights. Going over the edge is such a terrifying thought to me (though I secretly wish I had just sucked it up and done it!) So I played photographer while Mark and others took the plunge. MJ left first thing in the morning to set up the repel, which is actually just in the cliffs behind our campsite. There are two arches up there somewhere (Corona and Bow Tie), though we took a path in the opposite direction to where the repel was set up. I ended up hiking back down myself and resting my feet in the river where our campsite had been. I enjoyed the solitude and fresh air. Packing up camp. A stowaway!
Hiking out to the "big drop".
M Jay, David, Kelley, and Mark
Man overboard! The site from a distance...

This trip was so much fun! I would recommend it to anyone, though I would suggest early in the year so the weather allows you to have fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...