Monday, June 9, 2008

My dad loves to take pictures. I blame him for my compulsion to take so many, especially of landscapes and nature. But I couldn't help taking pictures of all of the flowers blooming in Moab. The desert is so bleak and lonely looking, but everywhere I tuned there were flowers poking up and adding some color and variety to the monochromatic landscape.
A blooming bush of some sort - wish I knew my plants of southeastern Utah right about now!







Ok, not so much flowers, but I loved this railroad and had to play with it for a minute or two.

7 comments:

kyle said...

That was a fun trip. We need to plan more of them. I am glad you added the picture of us eating at McStiff's. Good times~!

Julie said...

Erin- Can I just say how much I love you...in that non-threatening way! Your post on my blog made me laugh so hard for some reason. It just made me realize how much I miss you intellectually stimulating sarcasm/educational realism.
We need to get Lisa and Laura to start a blog. I would also love to see what they have to say.
P.S. I really am going to get you that blog background info... i promise...

mindy said...

I am so insasnely jealous that you went to Moab. That is quite possibly one of my favorite places on earth.. besides Cedar of course ;) Thanks so much for your sweet comment, I love checking up on you too. Someday soon, I hope to make a trip up to see you.

Julie said...

okay one of the blogging background sites that I love is www.thecutestblogontheblock.com. You won't lose the widgets on your sidebar either (which is mostly why I love it so much)

heckter jo said...

ERIN! i went snooping around for blogs of people we love....and who did i find!?! YOU. you should come visit our blog at shermansfamily.blogspot.com

You are still as beautiful as ever. and seem like you are having a ton of fun! cedar people rule.

i am glad i found your blog! --mary

Catherine said...

Hey, I don't live too far from Moab, you should have passed my way...Next trip you make, how 'bout Denver?
Your trips look like so much fun!

Julie said...

Super cute blog background! I am so excited that you got to go on vacation for 2 weeks. Now I know you will be posting some updates of all the fun you had! I can't wait to hear about it. Because as you previously mentionioned on my blog, some of us don't have anything better to do than check everyone else's blogs (or there is me, who does have other things I should be doing but at this point I just choose to do otherwise!) So get typing sister!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...