I called in the rights and privileges of being an adult this weekend as I ate my fortune cookies first before the meal at a Chinese restaurant. I was warned that fortunes cancel each other out if you are greedy like me and take a handful from the help-yourself bowl. I can testify to the truthfulness of this statement. Here is the literal progression of fortunes as I ate their sweet little wrappers and read their little sayings...it's a little creepy, but I think Lisa was right on and I am still waiting for a Freaky-Friday-esque earthquake to activate the prophecies uncovered in those crunchy taste sensations we all know and love:
#1 "Wealth awaits you soon" - Woo hoo!
#2 "You will soon meet someone who shares in your persuits" - Even better! Now I get the money and the guy, all wrapped up into one delicious individually wrapped package!
#3 "An admirer is too shy to greet you" - Dammit! I got too greedy. Ugh! He is wealthy and wants a wife who wants to be wealthy, but he doesn't have the guts to do anything about it and since I am disabled from eating all of those damm cookies that I can't catch him, I guess it's just another case of Pooh getting his - or her - head caught in the honey pot.
This would happen to me...
3 comments:
Ha ha! Love it.
Laughing, laughing...I love it too. Reminds me of the good ol' days and your funny e-mails. All of which I still have saved in my e-mail, by the way!
So it would seem you can have two fortunes, but not three... remember that in the future. I wonder if your fortune would have changed if you had eaten the other one after your dinner like our mom's always made us do. Maybe that is why they always tell us to eat our dinner first and dessert after...at least that is what I may start telling my kids :)
Post a Comment