Saturday, May 22, 2010

Round Robin Photo Challenge: Statues

I came across the Round Robin Photo Challenge blog when I was looking for challenge ideas to give to my sister and dad as we prepare to travel to Massachusetts next week. I've been to MA few times through the years, and most recently two years ago. Knowing I would be visiting a lot of the same sites as I did two years ago, but having a desire to avoid redundancy with my pictures, I offered a challenge to Claudia so that I would in turn be given a challenge. I found this site, want to jump in (all are welcome) to the photo challenges, and went to the SUU campus to photograph statues I've seen dozens of times in -hopefully - interesting ways. Check out the website to see what other participants came up with!





Ok, so I took this one last summer at the Louvre, but I took so many photos of statues while in Europe that I had to make a shout-out to one of my favorites!

14 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, wow. I love these! What a great idea, focusing on details like this. I think my favorite is the first one, so different in style from the rest. Welcome to the Robins!

Unknown said...

A nice set here, I think the last shot also pops, dig the light, and hard shadows. Thanks for sharing.

ellen b said...

I really do like how you took these shots and concentrated on details. Very nice...

Kim, USA said...

Oh wow I love your statues. Just wonder what is written on that paper, looks like numbers? ^_^ Happy weekend!

Round Robin~Statue

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great shots of the details! Love the third one, looks like copper. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Sherrie's Stuff

Carolyn Ford said...

I love how you just captured the back of the third photo. Very nice perspective...all of them are wonderful. Europe is the place to be for a theme like "statues!"

Claudia said...

Wow, Erin! Awesome! Can't wait to see more - I'm so proud of my sister!

Meg said...

These are beautiful. I just scrolled down to look at the pictures at first and thought you pulled them off of the internet. You are getting so good! I can't wait to see what you do in MA. That is such a fun idea to do while on vacation. Clever clever!

Carly said...

Hello Erin :)

Welcome to the Round Robin Challenges, my name is Carly. Goodness, you have such talent! I love the way you photographed these statues! All of them were wonderful, but the last one has such tenderness to it somehow. It really caught my attention. Nicely done! I hope you will be able to join us for future challenges, I will be looking forward to seeing more from you! Once again, WELCOME!

-Carly
By the way, I host a Monday photo shoot on my blog, Ellipsis. A new assignment each week, and you have nearly a full week to participate. If you are interested, come by on Monday to find out what our next assignment will be!

http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com

Suzanne R said...

Very interesting statue photographs! I like them all. Good job!

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the details of each one! I favor the one of the horse. Well done!

Erin said...

To Manang - They are numbers! The statue is of Einstein, so some type of equation that I am not smart enough to recognize.

To Claudia and Meg - How about you join in the fun as well!

To everyone - thank you for the complements. I was nervous. You have bolstered my spirits.

Jama said...

I love how you focus on the details instead of the whole statue!

Dawn said...

Love these shots every one stands out but i think my favourite has to be the last one - simply stunning! Welcome to the Robins :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...