The challenge: "show us something broken, maybe even beautifully broken. And if you fix that thing that was broken, show us how it looks now."
I traveled to Grafton, a ghost town in the process of being restored. Lucky for me, there was a church activity there so I had permission to visit, and there were plenty of "beautifully broken" things still around.
The next two aren't actually broken things, but I liked the way the light broke through the darkness (Sorry if I'm being overly dramatic). It also added to the spooky, lonely feeling of the place.
Now don't forget to check out the photos of other Round Robin Photo Challenge participants!
8 comments:
Hi Erin,
This is a great set of images, I especially like the tractor shot, very nicely composed.
Have a great weekend, :)
The tractor is my favorite too! Love these pictures!
Hi Erin :)
This is great group of photos! You have some really unusual examples of "Broken." I think the window shot is amazing! :) Nicely done!
-Carly
What great, rustic photos. I like they way you interpreted the light breaking through the windows, too.
I have seen a few ghost towns when we travelled through Arizona I guess, I love them, they are so romantic, and it's so nice to see how the first settlers lived, the schools are often so cute !
Hehehe I like the 3rd photo though. Happy Sunday!
Broken
Broken down house can produce such beautiful shots too, love your tractor shot against that mountain, so perfectly beautiful.
I love them all. You did a great job!
Post a Comment