Monday, November 8, 2010

European Reflection

Two weeks from today I will be finishing the first day of my first international solo trip.  I'm starting to get nervous, in large part because I have a lot to get done for work and church before I go.  But I was going through a box looking for odds and ends, and I came across the notebook I brought with me on my first trip to Europe almost a year and a half ago.  I wrote notes of each day's events, and this is what I wrote from the airplane a few hours before I landed in Paris, and reading it has renewed my excitement for my next adventure:

June 2, 2009

The final destination does not make the flight more enjoyable.  My back still hurts, the French man-boy sitting next to me who is definitely no boy has a girlfriend, and sitting close to the bathroom just means people are always walking by, bumping into me.  In my space because the bathroom is my space.  I still only slept an hour here and another there, but I feel more rested than before.  And while I can't see the window views at all, the knowledge that the rising sun is shining over the Atlantic is as charmed as my French not-boyfriend's sound, unbroken sleep is...I think I'm going to like this.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I love this. SO beautiful. I was wondering when you were leaving.

Julie said...

I can't wait to hear all about this new adventure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...