I chose to spend the entirety of my summer visiting my parents in Wisconsin. One of my goals was to see and do things I had either a) not done in a really REALLY long time or b) do things I hadn't done before. Visiting Green Bay's very own St. Francis Xavier Cathedral was one of those things I had never done. I figured that I had spent a lot of money and time visiting Europe, and one of the things a person does while there is visit cathedrals and basilicas, but I had never done the same thing in my hometown. Why was that? Well, I wanted to change that, so I spent a few hours enjoying the murals, early 1900's Austrian stained glass windows, and architecture in this stunning house of worship.
 |
| This one is particularly beautiful because the angle Gabriel has wings made out of peacock feathers. |
 |
| This depiction of the coronation of Mary is rare, it was explained by my guide, because it is rare for stained glass to have a depiction of all three members of the Holy Trinity. |
1 comment:
Beautiful! I love the last picture. it makes me feel so small.
Post a Comment