Honestly, my life is rarely hardcore. Some even argue if I have a life. But it's mine. Welcome to it.
Friday, September 14, 2012
It's Facebook's Fault
I'm about done with social media. Not like blog social media, but the kind where I know about people's bowel movements, party schedule, countdown to marriage of every former student I've ever taught, and political bashing. Facebook has become a burden, so much so that my beloved blogging has fallen by the wayside. And since it is easier to blame Facebook for my problems than take accountability for it myself, I vow here, publicly, in front of the 8 of you who show up on my news feed as having looked at my blog, that I will devote more time to blogging - which actually brings me joy - and less time Facebooking - which brings me grief - until I can figure out a way to get rid of Facebook altogether while keeping in contact with the people I'd really like to keep up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've actually been thinking about this myself. When you discover the solution, please let am know.
I am sad that you have grief from FB. Yuck. I am, however, happy that this means I get to read more of your blogs. Because I love me your blogs.
I have always thought it would be funny to have a 'seriously so blessed' style FB account and post satirical updates. Maybe we should do that together. We could be The Worst FB Friend Ever. Or something. That is just a thought. We could spitball it.
Just deactivate it for a bit....that is what I have found to work for me. ;)
Blogging is the bomb - I vow to also devote more time to blogging! SHO NUFF SUGA!!!! Let's do it!
Post a Comment