Sunday, September 16, 2012

What a Capitol Idea! - Part 2

The Capitol isn't the only thing to see and do in Madison, of course.  Just as the Dane County Farmer's Market was ending on the square, Maxwell Street Days was starting.  It's basically a massive street sale, so all of the shops along State Street (which has been closed) set up tables and racks with all of their clearance and sale merchandise, pull it out onto the sidewalk and street, a few performers show up and, Wallah!  You have an event where thousands show up.

Looking down State Street from the Capitol steps

A more perfect t-shirt for me has never been created!





There were so many interesting ethnic restaurants and markets - I wish I had time to try them!

The library and student union buildings on the UW campus

Where State Street ends and the UW campus begins

Takin a break - it was overcast and comfortable most of the day, but when the sun finally came out it was oppressive!

Cooling off our hot feet!

The terrace at the student union, overlooking Lake Mendota (or is it Manona?  They look the same to me!).


I didn't find any cool treasures, but it sure was a fun day to be in Mad-town!  Next time, I will get a hotel, stay for a night or two, visit the museums and Frank Lloyd Wright buildings in the area, rent a bike and ride around one of the lakes, and try some of those restaurants.  

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I ask again...will you go with me next time? I'll try some of those restaurants with you...

Lisa said...

I love the butter t-shirt. You should have bought it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...