Monday, January 28, 2013

The Holidays

For the first time in my life, I didn't go home to Wisconsin for Christmas.  I kicked it in Cedar City with my sister Beth, and then spent the New Years with the other sister in Portland.  I have great sisters.  I have enchanting nieces and nephews.

Beth's in-laws were kind enough to let me participate in their Clark Christmas celebration.  On Christmas Eve they did a nativity with the kids - Mikey played Joseph - and then the kids opened presents.  Each individual family then performed a Christmas song, and I helped Beth and her kids with their rendition of Rudolf, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  After the festivities, I slept over at Beth's house and celebrated Christmas morning with her and the kids.  She made a delicious breakfast of stuffed French toast and sausages.   



A few days later I headed to Portland to see Claudia and her clan and her new house.  Last year she added little Henry to her brood, but I had not yet met him.  We were finally acquainted, and I was happy for the meeting.  We spent a lot of time doing every-day stuff, which is perfect as those are the think I get the most lonely for my family over.  Is that silly?  I enjoy running errands, going to the grocery store, helping to clean (not my own house, mind you), cooking, shopping and reading stories.  We were pretty busy - Claudia threw a surprise birthday party for a friend when I first got there and also had her own wedding anniversary the celebration the night before I left.  In between was a lot of everyday filler, and when we did go out it was usually to eat somewhere really eclectic, either in the city or in the country.  It was delightful.  I wouldn't have had it any other way!













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...