In 2007 Nickel Creek, my favorite band, went on indefinite hiatus. I think I died a little inside, and I continued to die for the next 7 years. But then they got back together to celebrate their 25th anniversary of performing together (they've done so since they were kids), going on tour to promote their new album. I was thrilled and bought tickets without wasting any time, dragging my sister with me to Kingsbury Hall on the University of Utah campus in Salt Lake City for the show. It is one of the best concerts of my life.
They played songs that make me laugh and cry, and of course there was a LOT of singing along. One of my favorite songs of theirs is a song that isn't really a concert song - religious in theme - but they played it. It was dead silent for about 10 seconds after they finished. I've never heard anything like it, but it was so appropriate. And I got to be there with my sister, who actually introduced me to the band. It was delightful.
The next day, Beth and I wandered around downtown Salt Lake and enjoyed the spring weather.
 |
| Beautiful blooms at the Salt Lake City Temple |
After lunch al fresco at Blue Lemon and a leisurely stroll through IKEA, We called our mid-week getaway quits.
1 comment:
I'm so so glad that you got to see them! I just wish I could've been there too!
Post a Comment