Saturday, August 23, 2014

Chicago in Details

There are so many layers to every place.  While most of these pictures are not super-up-close-and-personal photos, they were smaller than the whole.  I love looking closer at things.  While Libby and I rushed from place to place, I'm glad I slowed down just long enough to see the beauty in the little[er] things.

 Gargoyle at the Chicago City Library
 Youth orchestra practicing in Millennium Park
 Up close with Chicago Tribune Building






 Crackling layers of varnish on a bedroom door at Libby's apartment

 Worn stairs to Libby's apartment, three flights up.
 Detail of a painting by Odilon Redon
 Detail of a Whistler painting
 Apartment entrance
 The old lock
 Railing, stairs and brick wall at the Damon Ave. train stop (Blue Line)

 Underneath The Bean
Millennium Park Ampetheater
stairs at the art museum
One of those accidental but perfectly timed photos

2 comments:

Lib-Dawg said...

OH MY GOSH! Love all those photos!!!!! Your selfie is the best. "Available," and that you are! Work it girl! Loved that I got to experience this time in Chicago with you!

Claudia said...

Love every single one of these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...