A little over a month ago I went hiking at Zion National Park. My friends and I did the Overlook hike. The pictures look like it was a much harder hike than it was. I am pleased to say, though, that I have finally hiked Angels Landing. This was about three weeks ago. And honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Ok, so maybe I was hiking with a 20 month old, a woman in her 50's and another who was 7 months pregnant, so the pace was slowed considerably. But I'll take it any way I can get it, and I felt GOOOOOD! The weather turned very quickly on us as we reached the top, and we narrowly avoided getting caught hiking in a storm (we drove home in it instead), but it was fun. Honestly though, I liked the overlook better and it was a fraction of the time and energy. 

Here you can see Megan carrying her son Daylor. I kid you not, this is the first time he needed to be carried, and it was only after an ultimatum because he didn't want to hold anyone's hand and it was so steep...this 20 month old hiked the WHOLE WAY! You can see how high we are, and if you have hike A.L., you know how steep the trail is!

Here I am coming down the switchbacks, known as Walter's Wiggles.

At the top (didn't go to the very edge of the rock becuase it was thundering quite a bit and already drizzling and there was a line of people climbing along the chain...)
4 comments:
Nice pics! I'm glad you finally made it to A.L. and that it didn't kill you...it nearly killed me! But at least I can say that I've done it, and now you can too! you look cute, b.t.w., especially in the pic where you're sitting down. Love ya!
You DO look cute. You always look cute in pictures, though. I must say that Angel's Landing IS a hard hike. Well, at least I thought it was. Those switchbacks are KILLER. 7 months prego, really? That is impressive. Not surprising from her, though. Moral of this message: don't sell yourself short. That is a killer hike and YOU ARE HARDCORE! For some reason I am tempted to end this comment with "Booyah!" I don't know why. BOOYAH!
Wow! I have never hiked it. Wanted to, but was too chicken. Congrats on being brave and in shape.Also, gorgeous pictures.
Gorgeous! You know, I just don't go hiking often, but now that I'm living in Colorado, I'm going to need to make it more frequent.
Post a Comment