Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Meg's Music Monday Challenge Part 2

I forgot to give an explanation to the songs I chose- part two of the assignment!

1. I can't remember a trip in my life where my dad wasn't constantly taking pictures. My siblings and I, to some extent, have followed his lead. I guess that's why scrapbooking was natural for me - I am the person with all the pictures that others are always getting pictures from because others enjoy the scenery while I try to capture it. Even as a child, I was always taking pictures not only of the people I was with, but also any scenic point along the way. I don't have a fancy camera like my dad did, but it is a habit inherited from him.

2. My mother (and father) joined the Air Force out of high school. My mother did it because she new it would be the only way she could see the world. I have always thought she was so brave for doing it. She is shy, but she traveled around the world by herself. Then she married my father and moved to Wisconsin and never moved back home. I always think about her when I hear this song because I can just picture my mom being sad seeing all her kids move away, but also knowing that she had to do the same thing for herself.

3. Shotgun Serenade I would like to dedicate to two people who both taught me to stand up for myself. They were the ones I needed to stand up to and probably didn't appreciate it at the time, but I am a stronger person now because they were such jerks and drove me to change.

4. I dedicate this song to my students. They have a hard time understanding that I have bad days too. That I have a personal life and am not a slave to grading their late work. That all jokes are not funny, especially when not timed right. That I need personal space. That they don't have the right to sit at my desk, go through my desk, read my emails behind my desk...they want me to be fun and play ALL the time. Beauty and the mess.

5. I chose the final song because - even though I don't do it much anymore - I love making tapes for people...well, cd's I guess. I love getting the best songs in the best order.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Love it love it LOOOOOVEE IT! I am so glad you did the follow-up. I was this close to begging for it! I agree with you on the mix tape thing. The order does matter. You have a knack for it, that is certain. Also, although making CD's is easier and makes for better storage, etc. one benefit of the mix tape is that people are somewhat forced to listen to the songs in the order that you intend. Straight through. Sure, you can fast forward, but you can't jump around tracks as easily like on a disc. Hmmmm. I think I still like CD's better, though. Only because my car lacks a tape deck.
Gosh, I miss you.

Meg said...

By the way, on your Shotgun Serenade explanation you mentioned two people. I think I am certain of one but I cannot think of the other. I really hope it isn't me. Really. So, could you send me a secret email and tell me who it is?

Claudia said...

Hey E! Love your post...I don't know the songs though, so I guess I'll have to look them up. Sounds like you have the perfect songs...I have no idea what I would use. Sigh...I'm just not that informed on music any more. Glad you know what you are talking about though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...