Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Finally, the "How I Spent My Spring Break" OR Easter '08 Post

My friends and I went to LA for spring break (one perk of working in public education) and the weather was fantastic! While this travel log is not even close to how cool Claudia and Adam's Mexico play-by-play is, I will let those of you who care in on the events of my Easter weekend trip with my friends Laura, Lisa and Jamie.

Day 1: Driving and visiting Hollywood - including a wax museum of the stars...American royalty at its best!

We enjoyed the city streets,




We saw the stars...





And where they go to be seen(Grauman's Chinese Theater)!





Day 2: Santa Monica Beach (where we saw dolphins swimming and jumping by) and the Portland Trailblazers-LA Clippers basketball game (notice how I put the Clippers second...I've seen high schoolers move with more grace on the court than these guys, but it was still way fun - their DJ is awesome!) If you look close you can see the dolphin fins. I don't know how to get the video to work, so this lame picture will have to do. They came by twice and there had to be at least eight of them in the pod. On their trip back two even jumped straight up out of the water, but they didn't tell me in advance so I didn't capture it on camera...shucks.

The Lakers (for those of you who don't know...which is probably most of you who actually look at this) also play here, and probably have a full crowd. They weren't playing at home the nights we were there, and honestly the nosebleed tickets we spent $30 on would have been closer to $60 for the Lakers, but it was fun to go to a pro game and the DJ played the best music so Laura and I spent more time dancing and all of us DEFINITELY spent more time watching the jumbotron screen - whoever has that job is freakin' awesome! Portland won, by the way.

5 comments:

Claudia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glenda said...

Erin...nice to take a peak at your fun spring break. I always hope that teachers get to do something fun before they go back to finish the year.

Catherine said...

Erin, I miss you! How many years has it been? Too many! How fun your trip looked!

Claudia said...

Hey E! I like all the pics--thanks for posting the Harry Potter one. Loved it!

laurel said...

Erin...I am jealous. You have an excellent life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...