
I've been to a few concerts over the last few months. About a month and a half ago I went to see a local band called Mason's Jar of Jam. Pretty good stuff! Two weekends ago I went to see Colbie Callei (famous for the song "Bubbly") It was OK. She's not one of my favorites, but my friends and I went for something to do. It was at the Tuachan amphitheater, so the scenery was the best part of it. For anyone interested, she sounds exactly like the CD, as in not a single note sung differently. But this Friday I went to see Kalai here in Cedar City at The Grind Coffee House - he is a little bit Ben Harper, a little Jack Johnson, a little James Taylor, a little Bob Marley... Probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to. He is a phenomenal musician and HILARIOUS - let me explain. Usually at a concert one of two things happens. Sometimes the musicians try really hard to be funny and tell stories and just plain try too hard and it gets annoying - you want them to just get back to the music. The other scenario is they don't talk at all and you get a sense that the concert is almost painful and they just want to get it over with, so you want them to talk to feel like a) they have a personality and b) they are acknowledging your existence. Kalai was so funny in between songs that I couldn't wait to hear what he had to say next. The best $12 I've spent in a long time!
3 comments:
Jealous jealous jealous!!!! Chris like Mason's Jar of Jam. I should give it a listen. I am glad you had such a good time. If Kalai comes in June you better plan on me!
I am jealous. You have an amazing life. I am boring compared to you. I do what you do in a week in about 5 years. Thanks for sharing so I feel like I see the world too.
Post a Comment