Honestly, my life is rarely hardcore. Some even argue if I have a life. But it's mine. Welcome to it.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Oh, Suzie Q, Baby I Love You
My sister Beth had a beautiful baby girl last week. Rori Leigh Clark came three weeks early, but it was perfect timing as my brother and her in-laws were in town visiting. Rori Leigh is so precious and a very peaceful baby. As I don't have children of my own, my nephew and new niece are the focus of many of my thoughts. I sure love them! Before Rori was born, Mikey would sometimes get rough around Beth's belly. She would tell him not to hit Sister Suzie (just a pet name since Rori wasn't finalized, I guess). He would then promptly kiss the belly. Now, though, I often find myself calling the baby Suzie and singing the CCR song to her. Here are some of my favorites of Sister Rori Sue.
Mikey meeting Rori for the first time (the only time I cried this time around).
About 8 hours old.


These were taken last night - at almost a week old. They are a little blurry as I kept the flash off so her eyes would stay open. Since I was holding her, though, the camera was moving a little more than recommended. But she is so sweet and soft and smells just like a baby should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She is so so so cute. I am so happy to see more pictures. i keep lurking on Beth's blog hoping for more. I love the one with Mikey peering over at the little one. So darling. I can't believe Beth has two now! It is so amazing. What a great mom she is. I can't wait to to meet Rori. See you in a week!
I'm happy you get to play with your new niece before your whirlwind tour of the eastern US - I can't wait to hear your stories of Boston eventhough I'm already envious of the trip my parents and Ryan just took there. Hope you are having a great summer so far.
thanks for posting more pics of her, E! Like Meg, I keep checking to see if Beth's put more pictures up, but we both know how good she is at that (note to Beth: If you are reading this, you know what you need to do! Post more pictures of your children!!) I'm jealous that you get to be right in on the action!
Oh man, I still can't believe we haven't met that sweet girl yet! We'll all have to hang out when we finally get down to C-Town.
Post a Comment