Monday, July 7, 2008

East Coast Trip - Cape Cod, MA


After 2 1/2 days of driving, we finally made it to Massachusetts. We visited with family right away - I couldn't believe how much my "little" cousins had grown! On our first full day there, we drove to various spots on Cape Cod. One of our main objectives was to find Captain Frosty's, a seafood shack that our family frequented one summer when we stayed in a house across the street from it. On my mind? A lobster roll and a chocolate frappe. Mom and Dad went for clams. Yummm!

We also had to stop at the Pierpoint glass shop in Sandwich, MA, another family favorite. My mother has collected their handblown colored glassworks for as long as I can remember.

A stroll through an antique shop and a visit to the beach at Orleans completed this outing.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Oh, how I miss the Cape! Glad you had such a fun time. Did I ever tell you that Adam would like to learn how to blow glass? I think he would be interested to see Pierpoint. And do you remember that one time at Orleans where the tide was out, and there was this massive crab--we tried to get near it to catch it, and it stood up on it's hind legs, claws raised? I wsa so freaked out by that thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...