Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Christmas Miracle in April

A friend from my ward called randomly about a week and a half ago asking if I wanted to buy two extra tickets she had to the musical Wicked playing currently in Salt Lake City.  My sister Beth and I had wanted to see this show for quite some time and had planned on going to see it in LA where it had been showing for an extended run.  But, as we are putzes, we waited too long and it closed in January.  When the tickets for the SLC showing went on sale to the public they sold out in about 15 minutes (no joke), and as neither of us were the 16th caller we resigned ourselves to the fact that we were just going to have to wait unitl it a) became a movie  b) came to another town relatively close in another decade or c) Las Vegas picked it up and built a multi million dollar theater just for Wicked like the Venitian did with The Phantom of the Opera.  So of course we jumped on the chance to go.  It was wonderful!!!  Our tickets were in the 10th row so we could see perfectly, and Beth wouldn't stop jabbering in excitement all night long.  So far, neither of us have symptoms of the swine flew, which both of us (after Beth explained the ENTIRE trip up how serious it was) knew was a risk of traveling to the big city and having to pass so many cars coming from California.  It was a long day - 8 hours of driving - but totally worth it.  And any chance to spend a day with only my sister for some girl time is a special treat.

    



Ok, so the following I did not take, but...




5 comments:

Tasha said...

So jealous.

Claudia said...

Me too.

Brianne said...

Isn't it the most wonderful show?! I couldn't believe how funny and emotional it was, I loved every second! I got to see it twice last year and both times I was in awe. I literally started crying a little at the opening! Elphaba wasn't my favorite, but Galinda, LOVE HER! It is totally worth the money!!

Beth said...

That was fun! Lets do it again.....you'll drive right?

Brianne said...

Email me so I can add you to my blog, I had to go private. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...