
As I mid-power walked-jogged-walked this evening (each done seperately, by the way, and not the jogrun some fools can be spotted doing from time to time while I sit in my moving car and laugh at them), I heard a dog, a horse, and a sheep. I guess the cows were on strike. But the ants weren't. I heard them crunch as I stepped on them. At the time, crushing 3,000 swarming red ants with the bottom of my shoe seemed like an awesom idea. In retrospect, I could have made better use of my time. Doing what I am not sure. But the couple I didn't see sharing the sidewalk with me sure thought I was strange. But I'm not. I'm just a girl living in the country, like them. But I don't like country music like they probably do. Welllll, not usually. I did go through a country music faze when I first needed wide open spaces. But after I had had room to make my big mistakes for a while, the novelty wore off. What hasn't worn off is my annoyance with the travel company that I went to Europe with a month and a half ago. When I called about $250 that I was supposed to be refunded but have yet to see, the woman told me that it hadn't been requested yet. "Requested?" I said, "Shouldn't that be automatically sent if I paid for something I didn't get?" (as she talked over me). "It's not how our system is set up," was her reply (while I didn't talk over her). Some people can be so rude. I mean, the least the girl could have done was tell me she forgot! I might have rolled my eyes but I would have been able to sympathize - who HASn't "forgotten" to give someone $250 dollars! I can honestly say that if I had a business, my system would be set up better. AND that if I owe you money and haven't given it to you, it's becuase I have forotten. But only trust me as much as you can trust a person who steps on swarming ants for fun. And maybe not even that much.
1 comment:
love it...and sadly so understand. The answer to your question: I would be delighted beyond compare if you came to visit me.
Post a Comment