Saturday, October 23, 2010

Round Robin Photo Challenge: Bridge

The challenge: "All around the world there are bridges, in all shapes and sizes, ages and colors. Bridges connect two places, enabling something to pass safely over something else; but the details vary wildly. It can be a little wooden foot bridge over a three foot-wide babbling brook, a drawbridge, a railroad bridge, a stone bridge carved out by the forces of nature, or even that big Golden one over the Bay that our friend Carly loves to capture with her camera. Wherever you live, I can almost guarantee there's an interesting bridge somewhere nearby to photograph.  But just in case there's not, feel free to explore alternative meanings of the word. Photograph the bridge of a nose, a game of bridge, or even something metaphorical, such as a bridge between two cultures."


There really aren't any interesting bridges - in the obvious sense of the word - where I live.  There are a few overpasses, but not much else.   I've actually taken a few pictures of bridges in my travels,  but, I'm almost ashamed to admit, I can't actually remember the last time I took pictures specifically for a RR challenge; I usually just pull something out of the arsenal.  So in an effort to actually take new pictures for a challenge,  I have taken a few of the bridges I find the most beautiful that I have access to right at home - the ones on my mandolin and a friend's violin:





  This is a bridge that I love, painted by Dutch artist Johannes Huibert Prins at the Louvre Museum (I love Dutch, Flemish, and German paintings from the 17-19th centuries because they show day-in-the-life type scenes) :


Now don't forget to check out the Round Robin Photo Challenge blog to check out what other people have done!

5 comments:

Peg said...

Oh, I love your bridge. I have my great great uncle's handmade violin and it reminded me of that, and all the fun I have had with it. Great bridge interpretation.

sunflowerkat said...

What an unexpected take on the theme. You were thinking outside the box and you made two beautiful images. Very nicely done...I love them!

Sandy Trefger said...

Wonderful! I love your different take on the challenge and those are indeed beautiful bridges that make beautiful music!

Sandy
from the Heart of Texas

Linda said...

LOVE your interpretation of the theme---my daughter plays the violin, so I am particularly fond of that photo!!

Monica said...

What a great take on the challenge, I like it! =) I also love the painting -you just place yourself in it while looking at it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...