Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them to be tagged.

1. If I could have any jobs in the world it would be a stage actress (musicals) - join the club, right? - or to make muppets. Muppets. Sesame Street. Could you ever have a bad day if it was your job to make Elmo's? How does one go about applying for that job?
2. I have always wanted to live in a studio apartment on a main downtown street in an East Coast city. It doesn't have to be a big apartment or particularly nice (no roaches though), but just be able to look out over the city as people are living and moving and going places. To be right in the middle of the action would be so interesting. And why do I want to be in the middle of the action - or observing it, anyway?
3. Becuase I enjoy busy places. Airports. Malls in the days just before Christmas. Fairs and carnivals. Sporting events. I like watching people, wondering where they are going and what their lives are like. And seeing how people interact with each other when they don't think anyone notices. I'll skip a traffic jam, though.

4. My dream vacation would be to visit Italy and the Greek islands. It looks so romantic and expensive. Hunky Italian men, all the pizza you could ever want, the accents, the museums, the history...
5. I'm not a sucker for shoes. For me it's white shirts all the way. I'll take 'em with colars, without, button down, pullover, sweaters, t-shirts, tank tops (to go under things, of course)...bring 'em to me baby!
6. My secret ambitions are to be a poet and a professional scrapbooker. I'm not bad at either one, but I'm not great either. But I would love to do it. Even if just one poem made it to an anthology somewhere, I would be satisfied. But there are so very many people who write and are very good. Becuase I don't write in a journal, poems and scrapbooks are cathartic for me.
7. The most fun I've ever had (and one of those things that you would love to do but never thought you'd get the chance to do) was be in a band with my friends Megan and Alisha. We had about a seven month stint, but we played regularly at The BlueKat, a local club which no longer exists, and a few other places in the area (SUU, Groovefest, Brian Head concert series...). It happened by accident. After knowing Meg for years but never hearing her sing, I stumbled upon her as she played a song that she wrote. I loved it - her songs didn't sould like they were written by someone who was writing their first songs. My roomate Alisha was a great guitar player and had sung in a group as well. Neither had met each other and so I invited Meg to come to my house and play with Alisha becuase I though they might appreciate each other's talent. Then I got out my mandolin - which I still don't play well, but I started picking out a harmony. We went to a local record store and played a few songs at their open mic night, and were asked to play at the opening of the BlueKat. We quickly got together about 30 minutes worth of music and were suddenly a band. We had at least one show a week for the next few months. Mostly we got paid in a meal or a soda, but it was so fun. But big kid life kicked in and it came to an untimely end. I'd do it again in a hearbeat though.

8. My favorite places to be are museums and watching theatre productions. I love it. I want to work in a museum (master degree in museum education???). Like I mentioned before, I would love to work as an actress. So if I can't be one, the next best thing is watching shows, right?
9. Confession time...guilty pleasures...soundtracks to musicals in which I can pretend I am the lead singer (Wicked and How To Succeed In Business are my top picks); Justin Timberlake (blush); Anything with Keri Russell in it including the made for TV movies; Dancing With The Stars; three MTV reality shows - The Hills, Life of Ryan, and Newport Harbor. Newport Harbor is a train wreck, but I can't turn away!
10. Most of my monthly expendible cash goes to eating out. My mother would probably say Walmart, which is second, but I spend more money on eating out than anywhere else. My mission - besides teacher parking spots - is to find the best pizza in Utah, using two WI pizza joints as the standard. I'm still looking. I also love seafood. Crab or lobster. Not much of that here, which is probably a good thing. Shrimp is a distant but sometimes sufficient substitue.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh...two posts for me to read in one day. I hardly know what to do with myself! And yours are really interesting. Makes me wish I had chosen some different things to write about. Do you think it would be wierd if I posted a do-over?
I loved this. LOVED IT. Partly because I never knew some of that stuff about you (stage actress? That is AWESOME. you should do communtiy plays or something, you would be good) and partly because it was only after reading your post that I realized that Blithe was to you what it was to me. I am so glad that I wasn't over-romantisizing (sp? is this a even a word??) our experience. To me, it was like living an alternate life. I have never had any experience like it, except the day Lily was born, maybe, that I felt so out of myself and so happy at the same time. I loved the ego boost, thanks for that. I needed it. You neglected to put in how you girls were masters at harmonizing vocals and that I basically sounded like crap until you ladies sang with me. The real appeal of Blithe! Is it weird that I listen to our CD in the car sometimes? Not often, but every so often. I miss it! I miss you! I love your blog.
OK Erin. This is Adam's mom. I just happened on to your taggers. I think that if time and place would have allowed it, I would have been best friends with you and Claudia!
Post a Comment