Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is one of the 12 steps admitting you have a problem?


I have been a casual American Idol fan for the last four or five years. That all changed this year. I don't usually start watching until the contestants have been narrowed down to about ten or so - they are usually the best anyway. I think this year, accidentally, I started watching at around the top 16 week and was instantly hooked. It is a whole new ballgame this year. I admit it...I...have...VOTED. Whew. (more than once). MORE THAN ONCE! And I have purchased singles from iTunes. And I listen to them OFTEN. Oohhhh, the shame...But Claudia, you really should check out Jason Castro's version of "If I Fell" and everyone on the planet should check out David Cook's "Billie Jean is Not My Lover." Freakin' AWESOME! (Is saying this a step back from moving forward?)

7 comments:

Meg said...

I love you. I really do.

Meg said...

Chris calls the guy with the dreads "Zach Braff". He thinks he looks like him. I don't even know his real name because I always call him Zach.

Tasha said...

Actually, if you want to know the whole thing with Billie Jean, you need to download the version by Chris Cornell - he was the one who originally did the arrangement that was performed and also did a great Black Hole Sun.

I tend to follow it casually as well, however, I have never voted and I have to change the channel very quickly anytime annoying country girl starts to sing. She bugs the heck out of me. (how was that for good ole southern Utah lingo)

Claudia said...

Um...I am at a loss for words. You've actually voted? You have definately taken to the next level. Adam and I haven't watched it at all this season--we boycotted when Melinda didn't win last year. But I've heard from people at work that it's a whole new ballgame this year. I've actually been tempted to tune in...If you've been thus moved, maybe I should take the plunge.

Claudia said...

Okay. I just listened to both. I mean, "If I Fell" is my favorite Beatles song. I...couldn't...resist...sucked...me...right...in. Okay, I guess I'm gonna have to tune in now. Thanks jerk.

laurel said...

I wish I could watch it, but I have NEVER seen it. I know, I know. I have gone on the web to check it out however. I think it is great that you watch. Wish it was me.

slattebo said...

I heard "If I fell" the first time while watching A Hard Day's Night in London England, the week it opened, does that date me as old? Yes older that the 'old man' in your family.
And no we don't watch Idle, but do read your dad's emails. I look forward to watching the Nimitz.
An old Friend . . . slattebo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...