Monday, July 7, 2008

East Coast Trip - Fenway Park


The next day, after a trip to the beach, Dad and I took the subway to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox play!! Taking the subway was an adventure in itself, but we met the craziest couple on the train that made it all the more memorable for me and Dad. Also, just about everyone takes the subway to Fenway, so all you really have to do is follow the people in red and you'll make it!
I like watching sports live. I don't necessarily follow many teams, but I love going to see teams play. There is a comradely and excitement when people put on the gear of their favorite team, and seeing the Red Sox play at Fenway is like seeing the Packers play at Lambeau Field - there is a history and tradition that you can find little where else.



I really wanted to take my grandma to the game. The woman is almost 94 years old, has lived 30 miles outside of Boston her whole life, listens to/watches every Red Sox game, and has NEVER been! In fact, the Sox were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks the week we were there and when we weren't at the game we saw at least part of the rest of the games in the series at Grandma's. It is the funniest thing to watch because she was yelling at the TV and players and would bring up previous games and players as we were watching. She talked particularly about Manny Ramirez. Unfortunately for us, he didn't put on much of a show when Dad and I were there, but it was a great game and Boston beat Randy Johnson and the Diamondbacks 5-0.
It was a sold out crowd!

The scoreboard on the "Green Monstah" is still changed by hand.
Manny Ramirez - just for you, Grandma!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

First point--I am jealous. Both Adam and I would love to go to a Red Sox game--he because he loves the R.S., me, because of the history, just like what you talked about. I SO wish I could've been there with you! Second--your hair IS getting long. Third--looks like you got some sun! Fourth--I wish that grammy could've gone to the game with you too. That moment would've been priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...