Thursday, July 3, 2008

East Coast Trip- Niagara Falls, New York

I haven't seen my grandma, soon to be 94, in eight years. I can't believe how time has flown. So my parents and I planned a trip out to see her. I flew to Wisconsin and then drove out with them to Massachusetts, making some stops on the way. Our first stop was Niagara Falls. I hadn't been since I was a kid and there was little of it that I remembered, but it was so fun!
There are actually three parts to the falls - here you can see American Falls and Horseshoe Falls (the one in Canada).
This is the river rushing up to, and eventually over, the American Falls.
My parents and I went to the Cave of the Winds where you can walk under Bridal Veil Falls, the smallest of the three waterfalls of Niagara. The yellow poncho's and cool sandals are standard issue. Oh, and I mostly wore the hood because of the seagulls... the thousands and THOUSANDS of seagulls. One man next to me wasn't so smart and went without his hood...he wasn't lucky either.


Only 1% of the water going over Niagara Falls goes over Bridal Veil falls. Standing under it, it doesn't feel like only 1%!
This is the Hurricane Deck from below, where you can experience some of the falls firsthand...

and me and Dad firsthanding it! The water was actually pretty warm!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

As promised, I got on Adam's computer so I could finally see the pics. But I have to start with the oldest post and work my way backwards...I'm such a nerd! Looks like fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...