I love Massachusetts. I always feel awed and inspired when I am there. I love the history and tradition - of the area and our of our nation. I love my family and their awesome accents. I love driving past old homes and cranberry bogs and donut shops. I love beaches in Massachusetts better than California because it's not a meat market and people are actually there with their children!!!

I love the antique shops and museums everywhere. I love the picturesque old main streets that always look like they came straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting (like this one in Stockbridge which actually did because Norman Rockwell lived here).

And while we are at it, let me tell you how much I loved the Norman Rockwell Museum. His painting bring up emotions in me that I can't explain. I often found myself biting my lip (sometimes unsuccessfully) to keep the tears from flowing. His paintings make you feel like there is till good and innocence in a world which has become very complicated. This was the last stop on our journey home and it was the perfect conclusion to this trip.
6 comments:
My only experience there was a whirlwind one and after hearing you and my family talk about it I want to go so badly, but not until I don't have to carry any kids :)
I love Norman Rockwell paintings, that one of the teacher is one I've never seen before! That would be a good gift to GET as a teacher, huh!
I have loved reading all about your trip! I admit a bit sheepishly that I am a might jealous! It makes me ponder the idea that now that I finally have a job and will actually be making some money (as a teacher)...okay after you stop laughing about making money i will continue...are you done? Oaky, I was saying or thinking or both, because we have both decided that we talk to ourselves...ahh anyways one day the girls should all take a trip to see all this fun stuff...i personally enjoy the idea of going to quaint villages and to beaches which are not meat markets, etc etc etc.
I know I'm rambling anyway, thanks for so many great posts.
P.S. Your hair is getting so long...it looks good
I love this whole travel log. I want to go there so bad now. I wanted to go before but now this sealed the deal. You are a great travel writer.
It was fun reading (and seeing) about your trip! Wish I could've been there, but am so glad you got to go and have a fun time!
Jealous, jealous, jealous! Did I tell you I was born in Massachusetts and lived there until I was 12? I have been dying to go back, hopefully soon! Looks like you had a full trip.
Post a Comment