Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Seinfeld Post

So I really want to be writing something really profound right now. But I got nothin'. I'm just sitting at the kitchen counter taking a (completely un-posed) picture of the cherries I'm eating while essentially wasting precious time surfing the internet (it always seems like a good idea at the time, doesn't it?!) when I should be reading. I have only finished one book all summer long, and it was AWEFUL! But I kept on reading it...and reading it...and reading it. And the author is apparently a bestselling author. Bleh. I had more original conversations with my friend Megan's 2 1/2 year old daughter this weekend than the writing in this book had. But tomorrow should be ok if I can get to bed at a reasonable time instead of blogging about nothing. I'm going to a play at the Tony Award winning Shakespeare Festival tomorrow night. I hope it doesn't rain. It's predicted. Scateredly. I made cookies tonight. They are good. But the cherries are better. I made the cookies instead of going on a power walk - but I don't do the swingy arm thing, so maybe it's only a mid-power walk - because it started to drizzle when I opened the door. And since in rained all day I didn't want to find myself in a wet t-shirt contest somewhere on Midvalley Road. It didn't end up raining, but now I've got these cookies. They're good. They should win a Tony Award for "Best alternative to a mid-power walk." But these cherries I'm eating are fantastic! I should really get to bed. It's 12:38. I hope it rains tomorrow. But not at night becuase I'm going to a play. In an outdoor theater. As You Like It. Wouldn't it be aweful if I didn't like it? Kind of like a trick. Becuase you went becuase the title tells you you will like it. Kind of like Burger King's slogan "Your way, right away," even though I have never gotten anything right away at Burger King in Cedar City. But I do like their burgers, which is good because it was made my way. So I hope the play is good too, like my burgers. These cherries are good...

4 comments:

Tasha said...

You know - that was hilarious. But you could publish it as a short story if you kept going, marketing it as a revolutionary new look into the stream of consciousness - what's the one by James Joyce that did that? Anyway, want to know what book you hated and I'm only a few blocks away with some fun books that will make you happy to read again :) Maybe you can swing by on your way home from a mid-power walk, drop off the cookies and pick up a book.

BTW - the word below is ablizing.

Meg said...

WOW. I don't know what else to say. WOW.

Claudia said...

Thanks for giving me something to laugh out loud about. I'm eating cherries, too. And Claire is wearing her cherry dress. I also made cookies the other night. But I can't say which are better--the cherries, or my double chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm...cookies. And I also watched As You Like It on DVD Sunday night. So I guess I'm like the "bizzaro" episode, where Elaine meets new friends who are similar in appearance to Jerry, George, and Kramer, but they are a lot nicer. And they like their version of Newman. But I don't know which of us is the real version, and which is bizarro. Take it how you want it. Hey, maybe that could be the bizzaro version of the play: "How You Want It". Kinda like Burger King. Bizarro...

Julie said...

Your wish is my command... :)Though I must say .. quantity not quality...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...