Helping a former student ask a girl to homecoming ("I'd 'P' my pants if you would go to the dance with me.")
Danna, Ann and I watching while our students play outdoor games.
All year I've had a website that I devotedly updated with each day's assignments, activities, what needed to be turned in, and downloadable assignments. I quickly discovered after adding a visit counter to my site that I was the only one looking at it when I was updating it! When my students would have excuses as to why they didn't know about an assignment because they were absent, I would ask them if they were checking the website. The always said no. (I asked them a lot.) I would remind them to be checking the site. They still didn't
On the very last day of school, a few students from my A-2 class came in and told me to pull up the website. STRANGE! When I got there, I just started giggling. A few of them got together and spent their night going to my website so that the visitor counter read 999. When I pulled it up, I was visitor 1000. I gotta love 'em for...something!
A few students in my B-3 class and I would discuss...ok, complain about the final season of LOST. This was their gift to me on the last day of school.
These two were my shadows most of the year. I'll miss them, but I have a feeling I'm not rid of them just yet.
I don't know if this is a joke or a compliment, but either way it's hilarious!
I've commented many a time about how my students razz me for being a GB Packer fan. My B-4 class was my naughtiest this year, so when I walked in a few minutes late one day and they were dead silent and all staring at me, I knew something was up. Oh, how I know my students!
A few students (from B-4, nonetheless) stole a dry erase marker and wrote encouraging and silly notes all over my car windows. I didn't notice this one until I was almost home. And how right they are.
2 comments:
I love it...every year you have the best stories of the funny things your students do. I love that every year they are totally different. You'd think that the kids would think of the same things year after year to be funny (because they certainly have the same excuses year after year), but nope...they keep surprising you (and me, vicariously). I can't decide which one is my favorite.
That picture with you, Ann, and Dana...first, you look really pretty, and second, is that one of those days where you all show up with coordinating outfits, or did you plan to match?
Yep. Totally not planned! I'm glad you noticed - that's why I wanted to take the picture!
Post a Comment