Sunday, May 26, 2013

Venice - Day 1 in Pictures

A chilly day in the rain
Early views of the Grand Canal from the vaparetto (water bus)
The fast moving rope skills of a vaparetto worker anchoring us to the stop

Corners of the facades of both St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace

Details of the front facade of St. Mark's
Above the main entrance of St. Mark's
St. Mark's glowing gold interior
Does this guy need a description?
It's not difficult to find masks in Venice.  It can be more of a challenge if you are interested in buying a unique, hometown produced one.  I loved the masks in the windows of this shop, right off of St. Marks Square.  They were expensive, but if I were in the market for a Venetian mask, this is where I would buy one.
This was one of my favorite intersections.
Pizza, anyone?
At night time


3 comments:

Claudia said...

Love.

Claudia said...

I'm curious how much the masks cost...did you venture into the store?

Anonymous said...

Erin, I am so happy you have made it to Italy. I wish I had more money and I would have taken you there a long time ago. If I win the lotto I will take you to where no tourists have found yet. But so happy you are there and this will only want to make you go back and spend longer days there. How is the Steves travel book working out? The first time I went to Europe I used Frommer's Europe on 5 dollars a day.(many years ago huh)? Any way enjoy to the fullest and buy your self some comfortable shoes!!!! My new e-mail, ljpicciuto@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...