Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Walking the Back Streets of Venice

Day three and I am tired and sore - physically tired from all the walking (and refusing to wear supportive shoes, instead going with flat, CUTE sandals) and because I was up so late blogging. My calves are so tight that it is painful, and my ankles are stiff. This tells you more about the actuality of my life in the USA than Venice.  I was going to write some deep, philosophical post about something, but the words aren't there. Just things I don't want to forget and things I wish I'd known. This city is fabulous, but it needs time, patience, and understanding. It is older than much of reason in its layout, suffering from dementia, if you will, but is no less worthy of the love and respect one who has survived this long deserves.  There is wisdom to be found in the chaos of this old city. It is magical.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I am anxiously awaiting more! So what are the thing you wish you would've known and the things you don't want to forget? I hope there's another blog post for those things!

And wear your supportive shoes! I'm sure they're cute, even if the sandals are cuter. I can't imagine you packing Nike's (or the like) on your trip to Italy!

Meg said...

Wow! Beautiful last sentences. I love that. You are such a great writer. I love reading your words.

I think I would have done the same thing (dress cute in Europe) then regretted it. I hope you can get some rest so you can explore some more in comfort (or at very least relative comfort!)

I want to hear more about the food!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...